Khakra

Monday, July 17, 2006

Loitering in Banda Aceh

Friend Melanie Mel just can't sit at home and enjoy a Rice Krispies.

The nomad is back on the road after her stint with CARE, this time with Oxfam trying to patch up tsunami-torn Banda Aceh, a town in the Indonesian island of Sumatra. She will be there for 4 months, and her blog should have some interesting write-ups about her adventures, the recovering town and the region.

It hasn't even been a week since she left, and I'm sending out notes asking if she's safe. A terrible tsunami today struck the neighboring island of Java, unfortunately killing 110. Trust her to fall into such adventures. It's been her dream to help nonprofits, empower women and curse Dubya.

In an e-mail a few days ago, she mentioned heading to Bangkok in October, wondering if I knew a tailor. I'm extending this question to blog readers: if you know a good and inexpensive tailor in Bangkok, please mail me. Thanks! (thanks for the leads P)

1 Comments:

Blogger W said...

you rock - you know that - you so rock! I've been having difficulty with my blog lately and my camera just broke. Hopefully, I'll overcome these difficulties soon and you'll see more posts. ; )

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home