Khakra

Friday, July 21, 2006

Running for cover in Beirut

An acquaintance, Cynthia, fled Beirut after Israeli bombing started and successfully crossed the border into Jordan. She is now in Amman from where she's going to France.

Is she going back? I'm assuming yes, considering she left most of her belongings in Beirut. A reply to her is due, so many questions to ask. She crossed into Jordan with one bag and a camera in her hand. She captured some telling pictures fleeing from Beirut. Here's what she had to say in her mass e-mail:

"When i was waiting for a way to get out, i took photos. When i was passing the border with my only bag (I left everything in beirut) I took photos. when i saw a smiling face on my road, i took a photo. When I found other evacuated people in Amman, i took a photo. Thanks to morning shots, i had something to do and to think about."

(Morning Shots is an image section of an Inner and Central Asia webzine Pomegranate House, started by a friend who works in Beijing. For now, it is his personal effort where we also share pictures. Check it out. Images taken without permission, I'll get busted!)





Over the last 10 days, I've asked 4 people worldwide if they were safe (Beirut, Israel, India and Indonesia). This is a first, just shows *how* bad the world is today.

4 Comments:

Blogger EYE said...

telling pictures. India too is recieving those who fled Lebanon

2:09 AM  
Blogger Id it is said...

The world is polluted, conjested, divided, and many other such things. As for being 'bad', I'd disagree; it's we who MAKE it appear 'bad'!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Khakra said...

we are terrible people

7:39 PM  
Blogger daydreamer said...

well `me' said what i had to say.. telling pictures, indeed. some guts to click when on the run.. great job!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home