Khakra

Friday, March 30, 2007

Crafting a new friendship?

Awaiting a phone call from SG on where to meet for dinner, I'm stoic. I haven't seen her in a long time, and ten years on, I feel queasy with the idea of chatting with her. Some tough issues may be on tap, and I'm not sure how it's going to turn out.

In college, we spent most time together studying in the library, though we did social things. During those years, she started seeing a guy she met at a party I hosted. A happy couple, but what happened next was surprise, shock. A few months after splitting from college, I got wedding invites from both families. I couldn't attend their wedding, nor could I really keep in touch with much more to focus on.

She called last week, saying she's in South Bay for a medical conference. I asked her how she was, she's fine, and now, divorced. I don't know why I feel the pressure, but these folks met at a bash I threw, and now we might have to talk about her divorce, and her ex-husband, who I also know. It's tough taking two sides, and it's a fine line to tread.

It's a line I rather not tread, but the topic will definitely come up. How long will we chat about Saag Paneer, Rasmalai or Indian beer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Id it is said...

"tread softly because you tread on (someone's) dreams"...hers, 'n perhaps yours, hehe

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can empathize with you, it's a weird situation for you, since you knew both the people.. and yes, be prepared for "the" topic. I'm sure, it won't be as bad as you are imagining, it's venus thing, they have to get it out of their system :)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home