Khakra

Sunday, March 07, 2010

In New York

For the curious, I moved to New York last month (from San Francisco). I've been a bit more passive aggressive ever since, don't know why.

Perhaps it's the weather. Many questioned the timing of my move in February. I move, and down comes a record amount of snowfall for NYC in a month. Including the fourth worst storm since the 1860s.

Perhaps it's the people? I can't say, but I can get lunch here in 2 minutes. The lines run quicker, the people just push you out of the way. Find myself walking faster from anyone who looks in a hurry.

Perhaps it's the attitude. San Francisco was pretty laid back . I could maintain what felt like a anonymous and sedentary lifestyle though I ran, did martial arts, walked up hills. Here, it's all about avoiding getting spotted by a girl by Indian aunties roaming the streets.

Given, the speed's a bit surprising. But a glass of wine once in a while takes care of that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Downunder said...

Hope everything is going well for you in NYC.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Id it is said...

Good to hear from you.
Welcome to NY :) and ...
A Happy New Year!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home