Khakra

Monday, September 26, 2005

Breakups and shakeups

At the risk of getting too personal, sometimes I get a feeling that just doesn't sit right. The next step for the women I have broken up with has always been a quick marriage. Not one, but *all* of them.

Now is that some sort of testament or indicator to how I handle a relationship? Or is it my choice in women? That fun thought slips my mind sometimes, and I don't look for answers. As for how things are now, the present and the future looks great.

And I love the baseball season coming to an end. Most of my co-Boston Red Sox fans don't want the NY Yankees to reach the playoffs, but I want them to. The playoffs are fun to watch only when the Sox and Yankees duke it out for the pennant. Of course there's a bit of misery when it all ends in most cases as the Yanks win. The days are sore, I can't watch ESPN SportsCenter, and I have to resort to Seinfeld reruns and trashy Hindi movies.

Talking of Hindi movies, I saw Black two weekends ago. A well-made movie, inspiring, though the crybaby part just wasn't me. I like the campy dance jing jang stuff. One reason it won't go to the Oscar's as India's representative in the foreign film section: It is based on Helen Keller's life, for which movies do exist. So it's not really original. Though the movie being based in Goa could win it a Best Film from the Europeans Who Love Dope organization.

UPDATE1: Got the news that Paheli went up as India's choice. Let's see how the Oscar folk can maintain their butts on one seat for 3 hours.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mike Overall said...

Prediction: If the Indians squirm their way into the post-season they win the World Series.

Ya heard it here first.

Mike Overall

3:05 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

i'll buy that.. the indians are more complete than the sox/yanks, even CWS (put it on the board... yeah! I really don't want to hear that ever again in my life.) and lines are already forming in Cleveland to buy tix from Jacobs Field for the playoffs

3:11 PM  
Blogger venus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  
Blogger venus said...

yyyaaaaiiikkkksss!! "PAHELI"?? such a dumb movie going to oscar?? I think, oscar level is falling way too low even if they allow to nominate this movie.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mridula said...

I have not seen Paheli and all your girls marrying on rebound sounds a Paheli too! But as you say that present and future looks great, why bother?

12:33 AM  
Blogger Khakra said...

bad luck on the indians mike o!

v, hows paheli? worth watching for even 2 pennies?

m, love to ratchet up memories and create pointless drama. :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger chick pea said...

paheli was recommended by my dear dad..still waiting on the shelf...

about your relationship question/comment.. it seems that way for me too... except my last relationship.. we're best friends.. hmm...

anyhow, don't think india can nab an oscar, the best bet was lagaan..also, black was horrible.. helen keller remake, and honestly was bored outta my mind.. blah to black

4:08 PM  
Blogger venus said...

If you really wanna throw away your those two pennies, there are much better ways.. wish on em and throw em in a water fountain :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger venus said...

when I was young, my dad had subscribed loads of mags, full of stories of a king, and a princess, and a witch, or a monster etc, if you like such stories, I'd recommend u to watch..

1:50 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

hey v, i once put a penny because I wanted to see the city of New Delhi, and when it came real.. i decided never to put the penny in ponds ever!

amar chitra katha? champak? loved watching the rural side effects in mahabharata and ramayana. that serves as my basic knowledge -- of course, not impressive! which movie should i watch?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

chick pea, make a pact with your best friend.. if you reach a certain age, both of you will get married

3:36 PM  
Blogger chick pea said...

khakra, did make a pact with a boy 10 yrs ago.. 30 is comming up.. he's now in ny, and wants to upgrade the age to 35 (ny size it)...

otherwise don't have really a boy best friend.. the closest one is my ex-bf... hehe..

who knows... other people are matchmaking for me... so we'll see.. we'll see.. you should start matchmaking to... hehe.. let's give you a challenge ;)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home