Khakra

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Erin and the dishwasher

Over the last 3 years, Erin and I have been the complete roommate package -- great friends and occassionally, great foes, but our chemistry has been impeccable. When the split time comes, I might opt for a studio as handling roommates again will be tough. She's thinking on the same lines.

One of her funniest habits was wobbling stuff around the dishwasher to ensure it was loaded perfectly. The legend deserved a poem, so I wrote this on a bus one day. I kept looking out of the window in an attempt to spot a rare Parsi woman, but failed, so I needed something else to do. Read on!

Erin and the dishwasher

Since Erin was a teen
She was obsessed with the dishwashing machine
Spic-and-span, neat and clean
Loading it perfectly was in her gene.

To design school Erin went to learn
And boy, how it made her life turn
In study, midnight oil she started to burn
Missing her, dishwasher started to yearn

Loading dishwasher became A's job
At which he was a very big slob
Dishes were placed not in a mob
And dishwasher's patience A would rob.

In this dishwasher and A bout
Dishwasher began to loudly shout
"Erin, please save me from A's rout,
For this moron I can't stand, no doubt."

And hear this desperate plea did Erin indeed
For help her beloved dishwasher did need
She loaded dishwasher with lots of greed
And from bad A was dishwasher freed.

(some blogs have real pro poetry, so apologies for the poor quality. It's purely meant for humor.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh geez Mr Cheese

Spare me from the poetry, Please!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Khakra said...

A, my heart swerves
with your wonderful words
but all I want to do,
is get on your nerves.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good attempt at humour there, u almost succeeded. :-)

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Erin Parsi or where you trying to do something really imp. while riding the bus?

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! Is spotting parsis the done thing in the US these days?

11:28 PM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

Liked ur, fixing US post very much.

11:35 PM  
Blogger venus said...

whose patience I should compliment on, yours or erin's ??
haha

1:23 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

thanks bhagya! e ain't parsi.. and it has been my ultimate goal.. until i don't spot a parsi woman, i won't leave SF. not succeeded yet! i mean, aren't they rare?!

venus, as long as erin started the dishwasher, hey, atleast i was spared of some kitchen work! its quite a miracle we actually have a dishwasher...otherwise it'd be me doing hand cleaning of thaali gilaas india-style

4:27 PM  
Blogger venus said...

i know, dishwasher is a bliss, when I was looking for a place 3 yrs back, I had choice between a regular place with lil big kitchen+dishwasher and I passed it in favor of a loft with a patio leading to a pond! Since, I live alone and I cook 2-3 times a week, it works okay, otherwise, it'd have been a big disaster.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Khakra said...

look out for those dishwasher deals venus, remember my words! one day, you'll be sweaty and tired, enter home to see a loaded sink, and you'll have to wash those dishes. then you'll remember what i said!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home