Khakra

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A swig of grass

Dwarka is one of the most sacred Hindu cities in India. It's rusty and idyllic feel are charming, and beyond its temples and beach, the village's train station is worth a visit. There are more cows hanging out there than humans, chugging away at grass growing out of the station's bricks.

I wanted to write something about it, but I forgot what. Think of something in the lines of the cows and weed.... hey, just imagine your own story for now! If Krishna and her Gopis don't attack me, I'll revisit this and present the feature story.

4 Comments:

Blogger venus said...

I will be visiting India very soon, next week!! I might visit Okha and Pirotan Islands. I'm getting all excited now :)
But will have to watch out for migratory birds though..

9:33 AM  
Blogger chick pea said...

was in dwarka a year ago... it was awesome.. as was rishikesh, haridwar, rameshwaram, madurai, etc.....

love the temple outings.. awesome jatra times... my parents even did the steps of palitana (sp?)

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Mr Cheese I found cheap flights for you. Flying arounf Feburary (end of) flights are approx $1490 return.

Hows that for service (and heres the smile :-) ?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

venus.. take pictures! hope you have a great trip. hey can i buy the ticket from you? i'll pay you $150

down under.. seriously N is still single?? i got a cheaper price than $1490, work on your fare finding skills..can't you extract a discount from the oz govt being their employee?

chicky chicky hey bhagwaan.. palitana is quite rocking isn't it? i think there is a temple with my name there.. so thou am i

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home