Khakra

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Deepa Mehta's Water @ San Fran Film Fest

For those in the Bay Area, there's a screening of Deepa Mehta's Water on March 19 @ Castro Theater at 6:00PM (Sunday).

It's part of the SFIAAFF (San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, whoosh!). Tickets still seem to be there, grab them before they run out.

The movie is the final of the brilliant Fire, Earth and Water trilogy. Unconfirmed reports say Mehta might be there herself to answer questions.

Some other movies I might catch @ the festival: Parineeta, Sobhraj, View from a Grain of Sand and Gaijin 2. Any recommendations appreciated!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a documentary on Sobhraj a few months back. It was very disturbing. And made me reconsider my backpacking in Asia plan. freaks!

I was wondering, what mag/paper do you write for? I want to write some *real* stuff... am quite bored of checking lipstick shades :S

9:47 AM  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

hey!

do write about Water. Really want to watch it but I don't think it's going to get released here....more's the pity!

2:14 AM  
Blogger venus said...

pareenita is a good movie, rest, i havn't wathed yet..

2:59 PM  
Blogger oodles said...

Parineeta was pretty good, but I really want to see Water. I haven't heard of the others.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw the press screening of WATER and it is astounding - do not miss it! Ms. Mehta is indeed scheduled to be at the showing and the Q&A should prove very interesting. Fox Searchlight Pictures is distributing the film and have scheduled an April 28th release date. Along with WATER and PARINEETA I would highly recommend MEMORIES IN THE MIST and CITIZEN DOG. I'm so excited about this year's festival line-up and look forward to reading your comments on any films you see.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

sorry jinal took me a while to get back on this. what stuff are you interested in writing about? general assignment? or a region? i write for a biz publication fulltime and do special projects on russia/eastern europe for certain publications, thinktanks. basically whatever i can get my hand on!

thanks for the tip anon~appreciate it. have a good time at the fest!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home